About Me

My photo
My Passion: Football, football, football & sports. Notes to myself : Dreamer, Idealist, Driven to do anythting that I desire. My thoughts on my Life : I have been propelled by the force of the inner tides into the universe to fulfill my destiny and make the prophecy of the prophet come true. My Take on attitude : Positive and nothing else matters. Taste of a sip of coffee : Makes life run through my viens. Friendship : A Bridge Across Forever My Bible : Illusions - The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah by Richard Bach My life statement : The impossible we do it in minutes, it's the miracles that take a little longer. My most precious possesions : My unspoken thoughts and my unwritten words. My take on career :Live your passion and the rest will follow..after all it's maktub. My take on ambition :If you want something badly in life, the entire universe conspires to make it happen. My idol : Jonathan Livingston Seagul - the fictional gull created by Richard Bach My take on Music - Music is a forever thing !!! My favourite animal - The Eagle My credo : impossible is nothing..

Followers

Friday, May 29, 2009

The Barcelona Brand of Football !!!


This season , the Spansish Catalan football club Barcelona have taken football to another level.

They have achieved the treble - Spanish League, The Spanish King's Cup and the UEFA Champions League 2008-09 . The main reason for their success this season has been the brand of the football played by them. They have made the beautiful game even more lovely to watch - slick passing, keeping possession, no long balls, creating space and cutting the opponents defence with pin point accuracy. I feel that they have done the basic things of football right . When I say the basics - I mean accurate passing, movement of players to create space, time and opportunity , keeping the ball on the ground , minimum long balls or aerial passes and converting opportunities in the penalty area into goals. No wonder they have scored so many goals these season. True , they have gifted individuals but football is a team sport and the entire players have to play at the same level and create harmony to make the team successful. It s when the whole team plays with perfect harmony & synchronisation that makes the brand of football dished out by Barcelona delicious and mouth watering to watch. Watching Barca is full flow is an education in football itself as it keeps reminding us the manner in which they have perfected the basic skills day in and day out - that now it has become a habit and they cannot play in any other manner.

There can be arguments on whether they are the best or the greatest team ever to have played club football or football and a lot of us might have different opinions on this topic.

However what we cannot deny is that Barcelona this season have definately taken football to another level. Cheers to the Barca brand of football - Keep it Coming !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment